The Art Agency Weinpolter purchases quality paintings by Arnold Clementschitsch. Detailed information about the artist:
Arnold Clementschitsch (Villach 1887 - Villach 1970)
Arnold Clementschitsch was born in 1887 in Villach, Carinthia. In 1908 he started studying at the Graphische Lehr- und Versuchsanstalt, a graphic school, in Vienna. His teachers were Hubert Landa, Erwin Puchinger and Josef Eugen Hörwarter. In 1909 and 1910 Arnold Clementschitsch continued his studies at the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts and at the "Wiener Kunstgewerbeschule" as a student of A. Delug and Bertholt Löffler. Afterwards from 1911 to 1915, he studied at the Academy in Munich. Apart from the classes of A. Jank he attended art seminars held by Gustav Britsch. Arnold Clementschitsch went on study trips to Germany, Italy and Fance. He served in the war from 1915 to 1918. Clemetschitsch was a close friend of E. Boeckl and F. Esterl. In 1945 he founded the "Institute of Fine Arts of Carinthia".
At first related to the Vienna Secession, Arnold Clementschitsch had established his own style by the late 1920s: influenced by German expressionism, his paintings are dominated by remarkably intensive colours. Arnold Clementschitsch first and foremost wanted to depict motion, visible in his numerous paintings of streets and horses. Besides, he concentrated on portrait and landscape painting.
In 1920 he exhibited for the first time at the Vienna Secession, other exhibitions followed in 1925 and 1953 in Vienna, in 1928 in Barcelona and in 1932 in Venice.
For further information please contact us either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone.